Licensing Forms & Information

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Information for Initial Licensure

License Renewal

Adding Endorsements



Content Exams & Endorsement Worksheets

Individuals must submit passing scores for Board of Education prescribed assessments. Information regarding assessments can be found on the Professional Educator's Assessment Resource

Endorsement Worksheets coming soon.

Licensing for Out-of-State Applicants

An individual coming into Virginia from any state may qualify for a Virginia teaching license with comparable endorsement areas if the individual has completed a state-approved teacher preparation program through an accredited four-year college or university, if the individual holds a valid out-of-state teaching license (full credential without deficiencies), or holds an active national certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS).  More information can be found on our resource document for reciprocity.

International Coursework/Degrees

Individuals who are seeking an educator license and who attended a college/university or earned a degree outside of the United States need to obtain an evaluation of their credentials. Applicants can request an evaluation from a member organization of one of the two national associations of credential evaluation services:

  1. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) is an association of 19 credential evaluation services with admission standards and an enforced code of good practice.
  2. Association of International Credentials Evaluators (AICE) is an association of 10 credential evaluation services with a board of advisors and an enforced code of ethics.

Additional information regarding coursework or degrees completed outside the United States can be found on our resource document