News & Announcements
Timeline for the Mathematics Standards of Learning Review and Revision Process
At the January 27, 2022 Board of Education meeting, the Virginia Department of Education was authorized to proceed with the review and revision process of the 2016 Mathematics Standards of Learning consistent with the schedule adopted by the Board. Refer to Item M: Timeline for the Mathematics Standards of Learning Review and Revision Process for details.
The Mathematics Standards of Learning and the Mathematics Standards of Learning Curriculum Framework were adopted in 2016 and are scheduled for review in 2022-2023. Refer to Standards of Learning Documents for Mathematics – Adopted 2016 for the 2016 Mathematics Standards of Learning and the Mathematics Standards of Learning Curriculum Framework documents.
For additional information on Mathematics Resources for Instruction, Resources for Assessment, and Professional Development, visit the buttons below.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM)
- Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics (VCTM)
- Virginia Council for Mathematics Supervisors (VCMS)
- Virginia Council of Mathematics Specialists (VACMS)
- Virginia Math and Science Coalition (VMSC)
- Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching – The Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) is the highest recognition that a kindergarten through 12th-grade mathematics or science teacher may receive for outstanding teaching in the United States.
- William C. Lowry Math Educator of the Year – Each year the Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics recognizes a classroom teacher on the elementary, middle, secondary, university, and mathematics specialist/coach level for his or her outstanding work and accomplishments in the teaching of mathematics.