VDOE collects a variety of data on public education in the commonwealth, including information on enrollment, demographics, student achievement, finances and safety. The department's procedures for collecting data are intended to ensure the usefulness, timeliness, accuracy and comparability of education data that inform key policy decisions in Virginia. Most data collections are related to specific requirements of state and federal law.
School divisions report data to the department through secure Web-based systems designed to increase accuracy while lessening administrative burdens on educators at the local level.
- Student Record Collection
- Master Schedule Collection
- Student Behavior and Administrative Response Collection
- Positions and Exits Collection
- SOL Substitute Test Collection
- Career & Technical Education
- Special Education
- Pupil Transportation
- School Safety
- Educational Registry Application
- Virginia Youth Survey
- Calendar of Data Collections (PDF)