The Virginia Department of Education is committed to ensuring every classroom has a knowledgeable, engaged, and supported teacher. The Office of Teacher Education and the Office of Licensure and School Leadership work together to ensure high-quality, licensed teachers are available to all students in the Commonwealth.
Below are resources for applicants and current license holders.
Individuals who are employed in a Virginia educational agency should reach out to the appropriate individual in their employing Virginia school division or Virginia accredited nonpublic school for information about submitting a licensure request.
Regulations, Guidance, & Legislation
- Licensure Regulations for School Personnel
- Regulations Governing the Review and Approval of Education Programs in Virginia
- Employment of Teachers to Provide Online Instruction
Teacher License Queries
There are several offices within the Department of Teacher Education and Licensure. If you have questions, please reach out to the appropriate resource below:
- Licensure: email@example.com
- If you have established a file with our office, please provide your full name and your application number/license number, or date of birth and last four numbers of your social security number, when emailing our office.
- Inquiries to this email address should be related to licensure only.
- Technical Support (online application process): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inquires to this email address should be related to online application technical issues only.
- Teacher Education Programs: email@example.com
- Professional Practices (including adverse licensure actions): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcripts: email@example.com
- This email address can be shared with an institution of higher education, or third-party vendor, that processes and sends official transcripts.